Organic Buckwheat TortiglioniRegular price $12.00
- Producer: Rustichella d'Abruzzo
- Region: Abruzzo
- Packaging: Boxes
- Shape: Short Pasta
- In response to changing culinary needs across the globe, pasta pioneer Rustichella d’Abruzzo has created a new, one-of-a-kind pasta made exclusively with organic, gluten-free, GMO-free buckwheat flour. The result is subtle and delicious buckwheat flavor in an artisan pasta that cooks to an exquisite al dente bite.
Origins: Several stories are told about the origin of buckwheat in Europe. Most likely, it was introduced by the Arabs during the Middle Ages. Despite its name, buckwheat is not connected to wheat in any way, but is actually related to sorrel and rhubarb.
Pasta connoisseurs will be amazed by the extraordinary texture and delicate, nuanced flavor of this revolutionary buckwheat pasta. Forward-thinking chefs will be inspired to get creative. The possibilities are endless: Its hearty flavor and sumptuous texture play well with rich, luxurious dishes. Try it with sautéed zucchini, creamy ricotta, lemon zest and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
It's also sublime in Japanese dishes (think soba)—try folding fresh uni (sea urchin) or miso-scallion butter into the hot pasta, or use it in a simple dashi broth with thin-sliced shiitake mushrooms. For a new take on the late-night Roman staple Olio e Peperoncino, toss Organic Buckwheat Tortiglioni with shredded Savoy cabbage and chiles.
Rustichella d'Abruzzo Organic Buckwheat Tortiglioni is produced in a completely separate gluten-free facility, away from any conventional flour contact. Each box bears the Euro Leaf logo, guaranteeing it certified organic by the European Union and the Controllo e Certificazione Prodotti Biologici (CCPB). Please be sure to cook it in abundant salted boiling water and handle it carefully.
Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes.
- Product Details
Product Code Unit Size Unit / Case Case Weight UPC Code Notes 22740 250 gr/8.8 oz 12 3 kg/7 lb 7-93232-22740-5
- Serving Suggestions
- Serve it with stir-fry vegetables, or sautéed cabbage
- Toss it with miso butter and scallions
- This pasta will be extraordinary with creamy Gorgonzola or Fontina cheese
- Nutrition & Ingredients
100% organic buckwheat flour, water